Monday, May 17, 2010

SAD...JOY...BEAUTY...MAGIC...

...words that describe how I felt about McQueens last show. A beautiful 16 piece collection shown in a small quite environment, people could see his amazing craftsmanship without the usual spectacle of a grand show. This collection showed what a skilled couturier McQueen truly was, the medieval'esque pieces were made with uber rich fabircs, amazing prints and stunning embellishments. The feathered headpieces gave us that McQueen edge to the looks. I can't say which are my favourites because they all are, weather or not that is because he is no longer on the earth is not what matters, what matters is that he was, is and will always be one of the most talented, original designers or our time and people will study him and his designs for many, many years to come. All I can hope for is that one day my bank account has a few extra 0's so that I may purchase and adore one of his pieces of art, maybe even make love to it every once and a while...who am I kidding I will make love to it every night.
Also news, the fist ever biography of the late Alexander McQueen will be released sometime in May, it will include 120 pictures of his work, also images of his last unfinished collection, the book will look back on his 40 years in the industry...a must buy is what I say.
















No comments:

Post a Comment